Monday, March 26, 2012

Artist in Residence Application for The Haven on Gabriola Island

Yesterday I got a response from an enquiry about applying to be the Artist in Residence in late September on Gabriola Island. Once more this small, picturesque Gulf Island is on my 'radar' while I pack up my life in the Okanagan and relocate to the coast likely mid island in the Nanaimo/Gabriola Island area. I am currently looking at places to rent or buy that would be affordable when I sell my 1817 Heritage/Character house in downtown Penticton. The deadline for applications is March 31rst so the 'meter is running' this week to put together an integrated package of support materials showcasing my current and past artistic practice as well as my relevant educational background. Since the home inspector is coming for the whole morning tomorrow I will be stationed at my favourite coffee haunt, Blenz downtown pulling the elements together as well as going to London Drugs to scan through my hundreds and hundreds of Cuba and Mexico pictures to cull those that are worth sending in my mini portfolio. Yes, it will be a very busy week on both the domestic and artistic front!

No comments:

Post a Comment